Sad: Graduate Killed One Month To National Service


Muhammed before the attack.

26-year-old Muhammed Adamu who graduated from The Federal Polytechnic, Idah, Kogi State, has been killed by hoodlums who stabbed him and dumped his corpse on Ijora Road, in the Apapa area of Lagos. He was said to be awaiting his call-up letter for the National Youth Service Corps scheduled for November when he was murdered on Sunday evening.

A community leader in the area, who saw the body, was said to have alerted policemen at the Layeni Police Division from where it was taken and deposited at a mortuary in Yaba.

His father, Mr. Sardauna Adamu, told our correspondent that the deceased had attended a wedding ceremony of one of the staff members of the company on Saturday. In his words:

“On Sunday, he received a text message that they should meet at a hotel in FESTAC Town for an after-party. He said the party was organised for just members of staff of the company. “He left the house around 4pm and that was the last time I saw my son alive.”

The father said when his son did not come home, he went to his office on Association Avenue, Ilupeju, Lagos, and was told that his bosses had also been wondering why he had not resumed for work. His friends, who attended the party, were however said to have overheard the deceased receiving a call around 7pm at the Sunday party to meet with someone at Suru Alaba.

The bereaved father further said,

“We went to Alaba Suru and searched, but we didn’t find him. “So, we reported at the Layeni Police Station which was close to the place. They told me they saw his corpse on the road and they had taken him to the mortuary. “I want the police to make a thorough investigation into my son’s killing.


I believe some people killed him and took his corpse to Suru Alaba to make it look like he was killed there. “He was a gentle and hardworking son who had been preparing for his NYSC when these wicked people took him somewhere and killed him.”

A member of the company, who craved anonymity, told our correspondent that the late engineering graduate had been persuaded not to leave the party on the night of the incident, but he refused.

“Even the bride, who works in the company and in whose honour the party was held, asked him if he was going to see a girl or a man, but he didn’t answer. “He just said he had to leave the party because the call was urgent,” the source said.

A police source told our correspondent that the killers took the phone of the deceased along with them to frustrate investigations. The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.