Photos: Mother Of 4 Murdered In Her Lagos Home



Mr & Mrs Ifewulu

According to the The Sun,

A 35-year-old woman with four children, Martha Ifeoma Ifewulu, was murdered in her Lagos home on Monday December, 1st. For her husband, Chief Law­rence Ugochukwu Ifewulu, 52, and the couple’s four young children, who came home from school to be­hold the death of their mother lying in a pool of her own blood, which flowed freely down the staircase, this month will remain for them a Black December, even as the stain of her blood over the walls of the staircase has been stamped on their minds. “Who killed our mummy?” is a question now reverberating through their minds.

Speaking on his wife’s death, her husband, 52-year-old Law­rence Ugochukwu Ifewulu revealed that the day started like any normal day.

“On Mon­day, 1st December, we had our morning devotion and rejoiced that we were able to make it to December as a family.
That morning, I was not really feeling fine and I thought of going for a medical checkup. I even jokingly asked her to go to the laboratory with me, but she declined because she wanted to go to Trade Fair to buy some things. So, I left the house around 10:30am. Even as I am talking to you now, I have not even gone for the result of the test because I left the laboratory around noon. When I wanted to leave the laboratory, I tried to call her to tell her I was leaving for the office but she did not pick the call. I kept calling her line up till 3pm but there was no response. I even got very annoyed wondering where she must have kept her phone. Get­ting to my office, after the usual traffic jam along the road, I got a call from one of our tenants, a woman. The woman was just crying and telling me to leave whatever I was doing and rush home. I asked her what happened, but she only said I should start coming immediately. I had to call one of my staff to drive me home because, due to my condition, I couldn’t even drive. Getting home, I could not imagine what I saw. I was told that when the children came back from school around 3:30pm and opened the door of the staircase, they just saw blood flowing down from the staircase. One of my girls tried to go upstairs and that was when she discovered my wife’s corpse and then raised the alarm. Neighbours came to the scene. It was when I got in around 5pm that I asked what happened. The chairman of our estate was the one that called the DPO of Ejigbo Police Division and informed him about the incident.”

No items were stolen from their home, and so the police have ruled out robbery. Investigations are still ongoing.

Comments are closed.