Applications are now open for the National Volunteer program with VSO-Nigeria, VSO is the world’s leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It’s a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world’s poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty.
Deadline: 21 June, 2018
Flight and hotel funds are available incase of any meetings outside your work community.
Digital and Physical Materials will be made available to aid the Job
– Facilitate knowledge sharing on SDGs
– Work with community members to monitor the implementation of the SDGs
– Work with schools to set up SDG clubs
– Ensure that all knowledge gathered are presented to line manager in estimated period.
– Raise awareness on the SDGs
– Participate in capacity building workshops in line with project objectives and ethos of VSO
– Ensure that all work in community reflectsthe distinctive ethos of VSO.
– Act as a positive role model and promote the aims, values and ethos of VSO and uphold all rules and
– Carry out a share ofsupervisory duties in accordance with VSO schedules.
– Participate in appropriate meetings with community members.
– Collaborate with VSON to initiate and implement interventions that will contribute to improved relevant and quality of learning for students and teachers within the community/schools.
– Carry out any other duties which may be reasonably required by VSON Due to the nature of our volunteer placements, it is possible that the responsibilities of thi srole may differ in reality and therefore the post holder will
need to be prepared to be flexible and adapt to their environment as necessary.
NEEDED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Ideal Candidate should have;
– A University/College Degree
– A good knowledge of SDGs and Development issues in Nigeria
– Excellent facilitation and communication skills
– Skills in conducting development research, surveys, and reporting
– Ability to source information and gather evidence-based knowledge
– Ability to articulate information and produce a working knowledge product
– Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
– Good knowledge and experience of organizing and delivering capacity building
– Good Knowledge and understanding of VSO’s Approach to development
– Good Knowledge of Child protection issues and child rights.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences to inform, motivate and inspire
For More information and how to apply, click here