American actor Jeff Bridges has starred in over 50 films during his lengthy career. He comes from a family of performers and was introduced to show business by his father Lloyd.
Birthday: December 4, 1949
Age: 71 Years, 71 Year Old Males
Sun Sign: Sagittarius
Also Known As: Jeffrey Leon Bridges
Born Country: United States
Born In: Los Angeles, California, United States
Famous As: Actor
Childhood & Early Life
Jeff Bridges was born on 4 December 1949, in Los Angeles, California, United States. His father Lloyd Bridges was a popular American film and stage actor, and his mother Dorothy Bridges was an actress and writer. He had three siblings; one of his siblings died in infancy.
He made his first appearance in the film ‘The Company She Keeps’ when he was a toddler. Later, during his childhood, he made several appearances in his father’s show ‘Sea Hunt’ which aired from 1958 to 1960.
Bridges grew up in Holmby Hills in Los Angeles. He showed an interest in music during his high school days. In 1967, he completed his graduation from the ‘University High School,’ after which he enlisted in the ‘Coast Guard Reserves.’ He served there for a few years. Later, he went to New York City to learn acting at the ‘Herbert Berghof Studio.’
Marriage & Kids
In 1977 Jeff married Susan Geston, the two met while filming Ranch Deluxe. Together they have three daughters.
Along with other entertainment industry leaders, in 1984 Bridges founded the End Hunger Network, a humanitarian effort which aims to eliminate childhood hunger in the US by 2015. Along with his charitable work, Jeff is also known for his music and photography.
Jeff Bridges returned to his blog Monday with good news: His cancer is now in remission, nearly 11 months after he revealed his lymphoma diagnosis. And his COVID-19, the disease you didn’t know he contracted back in January? That’s getting better too. Finally.
“Lots has gone down since my last installment,” Bridges revealed in his usual handwritten notes posted on his website. “My cancer is in remission — the 9″ by 12″ mass has shrunk down to the size of a marble.” That’s progress from when he reported in January that it had “drastically shrunk.”
Unfortunately, that same month, Bridges and his wife, Sue, were exposed to COVID-19 at his chemotherapy infusion center, he announced Monday as he published thoughts from March that he had held back until now.
“Soon after,” Bridges wrote on March 28, they both “share an ambulance to the ICU,” where she spent five days in the hospital, and he, with an immune system weakened by the chemo, was there for five weeks.
Аѕ оf 2021, thе Аmеrісаn асtоr, ѕіngеr, аnd fіlm рrоduсеr Јеff Вrіdgеѕ’ еѕtіmаtеd nеt wоrth іѕ сlоѕе tо а $110 mіllіоn. Не hаѕ еаrnеd thіѕ fоrtunе thrоugh hіѕ саrееr іn thе Аmеrісаn fіlm аnd mеdіа іnduѕtrу.
- 2017BAFTA Film Awards–Best Supporting Actor: Nominated
- 2016Oscar–Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominated
- 2016Screen Actors Guild Awards–Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominated
- 2016National Board of Review–Best Supporting Actor: Winner
- 2011BAFTA Film Awards–Best Leading Actor: Nominated
- 2011Critics’ Choice Movie Awards–Best Actor: Nominated
- 2010Emmy–Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie: Nominated
- 2010Independent Spirit Awards–Best Male Lead: Winner
- 2010Critics’ Choice Movie Awards–Best Actor: Winner
- 2010London Film Critics Association–Best Actor: Nominated
- 2010BAFTA Film Awards–Best Leading Actor: Nominated
- 2010Golden Globe–Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama: Winner
- 2010Oscar–Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominated
- 2010Screen Actors Guild Awards–Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role: Nominated
- 2009Oscar–Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- 2009Screen Actors Guild Awards–Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- 2005Independent Spirit Awards–Best Male Lead: Nominated
- 2003Screen Actors Guild Awards–Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominated
- 2001Golden Globe–Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture: Nominated
- 2001Critics’ Choice Awards–Alan J. Pakula Award: Winner
- 2000Oscar–Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominated
- 1994Independent Spirit Awards–Best Male Lead: Winner
- 1992Golden Globe–Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy: Winner
- 1985Golden Globe–Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama: Nominated
- 1984Oscar–Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominated
- 1974Oscar–Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominated
Garrett Myles Bridges — Brother
Haley Roselouise Bridges — Daughter
Jessica Lily Bridges — Daughter