Borussia Dortmund striker, Sebastian Haller breaks silence after he was diagnosed with a testicular tumour

0

Borussia Dortmund striker, Sebastian Haller breaks silence after he was diagnosed with a testicular tumour

Borussia Dortmund striker, Sebastian Haller has spoken out for the first time since he was diagnosed with a testicular tumour.

The Bundesliga side confirmed the news on Monday evening, July 18, after Haller felt ‘unwell’ in training earlier that day.

In a message on his social media accounts, Haller thanked everyone for their messages of support and insisted he’s determined to ‘come back stronger.

Haller said: ‘I want to thank you again from the bottom of my heart for all these many warm messages received I was very moved to see these beautiful reactions and I even feel like I don’t deserve so much.

‘But I know that thanks to you it will only be one more test on our way. See you very soon in the ground to celebrate our next victories.’

He also added: ‘Thank you all for your many messages of support and affection since yesterday’s announcement. My family and I thank you. I will now focus on my recovery to come back stronger.’

Haller only joined Dortmund earlier this month on a £31million deal after the ex-West Ham striker had a prolific season at Ajax.

The Bundesliga side, in a statement on Monday, wrote: ‘Borussia Dortmund striker Sebastien Haller had to leave the BVB training camp in Bad Ragaz, Switzerland early due to illness and has already travelled back to Dortmund,’ the statement read.

‘The 28-year-old international from the Ivory Coast complained of being unwell after training on Monday morning.

‘In the course of intensive medical examinations, a tumour was finally discovered in the testicles during the day. During the coming days, further examinations will take place in a specialised medical centre.

‘Borussia Dortmund asks that the privacy of the player and his family be respected and that no questions be asked. As soon as we have further information, we will inform you in consultation with the player.’

The club’s sporting director Sebastian Kehl has admitted that the news has left everybody shocked, and has insisted that Dortmund will support Haller with his recovery.

‘This news today came as a shock to Sebastien Haller and all of us. The entire BVB family wishes Sebastien a full recovery as soon as possible and that we can hug him again soon.

‘We will do everything in our power to ensure that he receives the best possible treatment,’ he said.

Leave a Reply